October 31, 2011
This fall soup has just the right blend of spices to really get your taste buds going. It is sweet and savory and great for a brisk fall day.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped or grated
- 2 – 15 oz cans of pumpkin puree
- 3 cups organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons xylitol
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander (I like to crush my own)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- parsley, optional
Saute onions in butter in a large saucepan until translucent. Stir in the pumpkin, broth and all of the spices.
Simmer for 15-20 minutes uncovered. Remove the bay leaf and transfer to a blender (or use a hand held immersion blender). Add the coconut milk and walnut oil and blend. Pour back into the saucepan and heat. Do not boil.
comments powered by