September 27, 2011
Chocolate almond protein bars are one of our most requested recipes from our Maximized Living Nutrition Plans (MLNP) book and a crowd pleaser! These no bake, quality protein, high-fiber bars are super easy to make and are perfect for weight-loss.
Watch and follow along as MLNP co-author Dr. B.J. Hardick prepares this recipe in the following video. Recipe is included below.
2 cups almond flour
1 cup ground flax seed meal
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
3 scoops of Dutch chocolate Perfect Protein
½ cup of xylitol (or ¾ tsp pure powder stevia)
½ cup coconut oil
¼ cup organic butter
3 squares unsweetened chocolate
½ tsp pure vanilla
4 squares unsweetened chocolate
2 tbsp of coconut oil
1 tbsp of organic butter
¼ cup of xylitol (or ¼ tsp of pure liquid stevia)
- Place almonds meal, flax meal, shredded coconut, Perfect Protein and xylitol (stevia) in a food processor.
- Pulse until ground into meal
- In a double boiler melt coconut oil, butter and 3 squares of unsweetened chocolate.
- Once melted add vanilla to melted chocolate/coconut mixture.
- Mix liquid chocolate with dry ingredients in a bowl until turns into a paste
- Press mixture into an 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour, until mixture hardens.
- In a double boiler, heat butter and coconut oil until liquid.
- Add xylitol (stevia) and heat and stir until dissolved
- Add 4 squares of unsweetened chocolate. Stir until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate over pressed mixture in glass dish. Return to refrigerator for at least until chocolate hardens.
- Remove from refrigerator, cut into bars and serve. (If chocolate cracks when cutting, let soften for 10 minutes first)
Keep refrigerated. These also freeze well.
comments powered by